Brian Comstock, currently residing in Santa Monica, California. Instead of writing in the third person and giving myself an exceedingly charitable and glamorous bio, I’ll keep it simple and spare you (to be fair, I used to do all that stuff, but then realized no one cares).
How Not to Describe Me:
- I haven’t made millions and lost it all and won it back (I’ve made a little and kept it).
- I haven’t overcome some life debilitating adversity (I’ve overcome a life-long onslaught of smaller, slow bleeds like most people).
- I haven’t authored a book (but I’ve published over 50).
- I haven’t traveled the world (but I’ve been to a handful of countries and more US states).
- I haven’t won any major athletic competitions (although I did place in the 90th percentile for the CrossFit Open one year, and felt pretty good about myself for a hot second).
- I haven’t invented any world-changing products (but I’ve started and grown a few businesses).
Things that Interest Me:
- Thinking and Acting (I don’t respect people who do only one)
- Clear thinkers
- Health, Fitness, and Wellness (I’m not going to call myself a biohacker here but I do pay attention to that kind of stuff)
- Mental Models and evergreen knowledge (favorite being the 80/20 principle)
- Not doing what everyone else does (I know, eye roll)
- Minimalism (more stuff is rarely the answer, and only adds to your mental clutter)
- “Triple Bottomline” companies, B-Corporations, and Win-Win-Win causes or efforts (why not have our cake and have it not ruin the environment too)
- Organic and sustainable food and clothing
- Interesting and multi-dimensional people (there are enough podcasts interviewing the “top 1%”)
- Philosophy, morality, and what it means to live a Good Life
- A better way (because there always is one)